Wednesday 16 March 2016

Celebrating Holi in the times of Balam Pichkari

Yes I belong to the millennial generation and we have a reason and purpose of doing everything. So many years of my life I have celebrated Holi in the way that everyone does. Applies colors,eats drinks and makes merry.There has been no deeper meaning for me for this festival.However over the years even that kind of holi has stopped as once there used to be a lot of color all over me that would take days to come off. This color would remain everywhere from the face to hands, Hair,Nails and left me feeling bad. Even the hair would get fuzzy and require me to go to a beauty parlous.

However every time I see the song Balam Pichkari jo tune mujhe mari. I long to play Holi in a more playful manner .So the closest I come to playing Holi in this carefree and bindass style is to play the Balam Pichkari song every Holi. Pretty boring and mundane Huh!
For someone who grew on a daily dose of Bollywood the perfect Holi celebration I wanted a greater dose of Bollywood
With this plan in mind and with the intent of having a wonderful Holi celebration
I have decided to have a Bollywood style theme party. So what if I am a girl of the balam pichkari generation. My hearts still beats for the famous Sri Devi Song from the famous Hindi movie called Lamhe. It was a breathtakingly beautiful celebration between Lord Krishna and  his brijbalas.
Indeed it would be a memorable way to celebrate Holi in a fashion that Lord Krishna used to celebrate after all this was the seed of celebration of the festival of holi that bloomed into a flourishing tree of festivities but perhaps due to the lack of time or disinterest we are missing out on a great festival of colors.
I would be content and happy with such a Holi celebration however my sister is a die hard Yash Chopra movies fan and since festivals are time to take care and pamper our family I would keep another theme as well so that I can rope her in the celebrations and the theme I would do for her is the Silsila theme. As I could do anything to see her playing Holi all dressed in white and prancing around trying to put color to the faces of her friends and guests it would be a novel experience that would bring all those who do not celebrate back in the mood to celebrate Holi with full gusto. So the mood of the Holi party would be cheerful. Dress code :whites and the motto: #KhulKeKheloHoli
All are cordially invited.


“I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.”




No comments:

Post a Comment